Sunday, June 17, 2012

June Julep Maven Box

This month, I decided to stick with my style - Classic with a Twist.  There was nothing classic about the colours and was all twist!  And I love it!  I did purchase some add-ons, but those are coming separately!


Just in the nick of time, this month's box came with Julep's daylight defense lip balm and daylight defence hand and face cream, and of course my gorgeous colours!
First up are the Pixie sticks....HAHAHA! I've never had a pixie stick before in my life, but from what I gather, they are straws filled with flavoured sugar?  ohmigoodness.  Me and sugar do not get along.  I actually get hyper like a little child.  I can't control myself, so bring it on!  :P

Julep SPF 30 Daylight Defense for hands and face.  I'm not sure how I feel about this product.  I always thought that you should use what was meant for your hands on your face because it would be too thick?  But I guess, if it was a face product, then you can use it on you hands?  It contains Vitamin E, which helps hydrate skin and strengthen nails while the built-in SPF helps guard against fine lines and sun spots.  This product, like all their other products does not contain any paragons or sulfates and is PABA-free.

Julep SPF 15 Daylight Defense Lip Balm in Vanilla Mint. It smells fantastic!  It smells like those minty chocolates that you get from restaurants.  It applied really nicely but it stings a little - I think that it might be the mint.  I hope that I can stop myself from trying to eat  this!
This month, Lauren and Claire paid me visit and said that they'd like to stay.
Claire is a beautiful sky blue creme with a gloss finish.  It was kind of streaky and required three to four coats.


Lauren is a hot tropical pink creme with a matte finish.  I really liked this.  Once again, it was a little on the streaky side and took about four coats to get the opacity that you see in the swatch below.  But I still love this shade!  
Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this month's box and this subscription service in general. I really like the fact that I can skip a month or that I can switch up boxes if there is another box that I like better!  And these two shades are just perfect for those summery, lazy, breezy days!



16 comments:

  1. I am in love with the colors you received! Such a gorgeous duo, quick question do you know where I can get one of those nail reel thing? Beauty supply? Trade Secrets?

    Thanks Jamie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pixie Sticks are the best! I love the nail polish shades :)

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com
    The giveaway on my blog is almost over, check it out if you're interested! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue is absolutely amazing! I wish I had gotten this box rather than Bombshell :(
    Thanks for the post lady!

    Amy
    www.theprettyvain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh claire is gorgeous - so summery :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got thia box too and i love it :) I wasn't sure about the cream at first but i really love it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are so pretty! Definitely a great box :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm finding more and more polishes don't go on the way they used to...I wonder if it's becase there are less chemicals...

    ReplyDelete
  8. NICE!! I received some cute colors too and have yet to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jamie! Just saying hi and hope that everything's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't seen any posts from you in awhile :( Hope everythings ok!! Everyone misses you xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Claire color! Miss your posts. Hope you are back soon!

    :) Chelsey
    My Beauty Full Adventure

    ReplyDelete